Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Bright Idea

This May 19th I will be marrying my best friend, and I can not wait! I am so excited that I will be spending the rest of my life with him, growing and working together.  Our wedding is going to be something so special, and something that I will always remember.  Therefore, I want every tiny detail about our wedding to be perfect! 
Of course, at the end of the night if Ryan and I are married then the day will be perfect.  
However, Ryan and I both want the wedding to be something that people enjoy and remember in a positive light.  Therefore, awesome decorations are crucial!  Our wedding reception will be taking place in a rustic barn, which I am so excited about.  However, the ceiling of the barn is pretty high, and I needed something to "lower the ceiling".  That is when I got the idea that I needed to rent a chandelier.  However, to rent a chandelier would cost a pretty big chunk of money that I did not really want to spend.  Therefore, I made my own chandelier.  

While this picture does not reflect it, the chandelier will be hanging from the ceiling horizontally.  
This DIY chandelier is very easy to make, and cost me less than $10.  

For this chandelier you will need:
1 Hula Hoop
White Spray Paint 
Tooling 
1 Strand of 100 white lights with a white cord
Any type of garland that you wish to use (I used some that was Christmas decorations with white berries)

First, take the hula hoop and spray paint it white.  While the hula hoop is drying, cut the tooling into squares.  Mine were about 3 inches by 4 inches.  Then, tie the tooling pieces in around each side of one light.  Next take the dried hula hoop and wrap light (with tooling) around the hula hoop securing with white twist ties.  Finally I added the berry garland, and secured it in place using hot glue dots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment